Tuesday, January 22, 2019

MLK

    In Martin Luther King’s speech he makes use of many rhetorical devices. In the “I Have a Dream” speech he uses repetition, pathos, and logos. One repetition that Dr.King uses is “I have a dream”. He kept using it too show how he really dreamed of America and how he hope it will be. Dr.King also uses “Now is the time” to emphasize that it was the time too march on Washington. Dr.King also uses pathos too appeal too the emotions of the people of America. “I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character ”. “This will be the day when all of God’s children will be able to sing with new meaning “My country, ‘‘tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing”. King appealed too the audience emotions by mentioning the kids in a better predicament.

No comments:

Post a Comment